Updated Jun 21, 2012 - 5:41 pm
Cardinals rookie Lindley wants to take advantage of QB competition
No, Lindley is not in the competition, and chances are he won't throw a single meaningful pass for the Cardinals this season.
However, the former San Diego State Aztec told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf watching the battle in front of him is helpful for his own development.
"If anything I'm kind of taking advantage of it," Lindley said. "At this level, I want to gain experience as fast as I can, and whether that's stealing reps and watching Kevin work and doing stuff like that, and then watching a quarterback competition right now.
"It's something I'm going to get a chance to see, and hopefully in the near future, and sometime, whenever that will be, I'll be able to be in one and compete for my time."
Lindley said he just needs to watch and learn, which is really about he can do at this point. And while he's confident in his abilities, the rookie knows there is plenty of room for improvement.
"You've got to be able to be pinpoint with that," he said with his accuracy. Lindley certainly doesn't lack for arm strength, but knows completing 53 percent of his passes, which he did as a senior for San Diego State, is not going to fly in the NFL. "That's something I've been working on a lot, and I think I'm working to where I want that to be one of my strengths."
The good news for Lindley is he has time to work on his craft before the team should ever need him to play. So he's free to just learn and improve while Kolb and Skelton battle for a job.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.