Updated Jun 21, 2012 - 5:41 pm
Cardinals rookie Lindley wants to take advantage of QB competition
No, Lindley is not in the competition, and chances are he won't throw a single meaningful pass for the Cardinals this season.
However, the former San Diego State Aztec told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf watching the battle in front of him is helpful for his own development.
"If anything I'm kind of taking advantage of it," Lindley said. "At this level, I want to gain experience as fast as I can, and whether that's stealing reps and watching Kevin work and doing stuff like that, and then watching a quarterback competition right now.
"It's something I'm going to get a chance to see, and hopefully in the near future, and sometime, whenever that will be, I'll be able to be in one and compete for my time."
Lindley said he just needs to watch and learn, which is really about he can do at this point. And while he's confident in his abilities, the rookie knows there is plenty of room for improvement.
"You've got to be able to be pinpoint with that," he said with his accuracy. Lindley certainly doesn't lack for arm strength, but knows completing 53 percent of his passes, which he did as a senior for San Diego State, is not going to fly in the NFL. "That's something I've been working on a lot, and I think I'm working to where I want that to be one of my strengths."
The good news for Lindley is he has time to work on his craft before the team should ever need him to play. So he's free to just learn and improve while Kolb and Skelton battle for a job.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.