Updated Jun 21, 2012 - 5:41 pm
Cardinals rookie Lindley wants to take advantage of QB competition
No, Lindley is not in the competition, and chances are he won't throw a single meaningful pass for the Cardinals this season.
However, the former San Diego State Aztec told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf watching the battle in front of him is helpful for his own development.
"If anything I'm kind of taking advantage of it," Lindley said. "At this level, I want to gain experience as fast as I can, and whether that's stealing reps and watching Kevin work and doing stuff like that, and then watching a quarterback competition right now.
"It's something I'm going to get a chance to see, and hopefully in the near future, and sometime, whenever that will be, I'll be able to be in one and compete for my time."
Lindley said he just needs to watch and learn, which is really about he can do at this point. And while he's confident in his abilities, the rookie knows there is plenty of room for improvement.
"You've got to be able to be pinpoint with that," he said with his accuracy. Lindley certainly doesn't lack for arm strength, but knows completing 53 percent of his passes, which he did as a senior for San Diego State, is not going to fly in the NFL. "That's something I've been working on a lot, and I think I'm working to where I want that to be one of my strengths."
The good news for Lindley is he has time to work on his craft before the team should ever need him to play. So he's free to just learn and improve while Kolb and Skelton battle for a job.
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?