Cardinals rookie Lindley wants to take advantage of QB competition
No, Lindley is not in the competition, and chances are he won't throw a single meaningful pass for the Cardinals this season.
However, the former San Diego State Aztec told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf watching the battle in front of him is helpful for his own development.
"If anything I'm kind of taking advantage of it," Lindley said. "At this level, I want to gain experience as fast as I can, and whether that's stealing reps and watching Kevin work and doing stuff like that, and then watching a quarterback competition right now.
"It's something I'm going to get a chance to see, and hopefully in the near future, and sometime, whenever that will be, I'll be able to be in one and compete for my time."
Lindley said he just needs to watch and learn, which is really about he can do at this point. And while he's confident in his abilities, the rookie knows there is plenty of room for improvement.
"You've got to be able to be pinpoint with that," he said with his accuracy. Lindley certainly doesn't lack for arm strength, but knows completing 53 percent of his passes, which he did as a senior for San Diego State, is not going to fly in the NFL. "That's something I've been working on a lot, and I think I'm working to where I want that to be one of my strengths."
The good news for Lindley is he has time to work on his craft before the team should ever need him to play. So he's free to just learn and improve while Kolb and Skelton battle for a job.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.