Cardinals, Hyundai announce partnership deal
That's because the Cardinals and Hyundai Motor America and the Valley Hyundai Dealers announced a comprehensive partnership deal Tuesday.
The Korean automaker will own rights as the presenting sponsor of the team's stay in Flagstaff -- it will be known as "Cardinals Training Camp presented by Hyundai". The car manufacturer's presence will include vehicle displays, signage, and promotional and hospitality opportunities.
In addition, the Cardinals will be wearing a Hyundai logo patch on their practice jerseys throughout the year.
"Hyundai Motor America and the Valley Hyundai Dealers are excited about our new partnership with the Arizona Cardinals," said Derrick Hatami, general manager, Western Region, Hyundai Motor America. "We look forward to working with the team to further develop both the Hyundai and Arizona Cardinals brands, and creating a unique experience for Cardinals fans throughout the NFL season."
The Cardinals aren't the only NFL team who wears sponsorship patches on practice jerseys. The Seattle Seahawks don the patch of search engine Bing on theirs, while the San Francisco 49ers announced a similar partnership with Visa back in 2009.
Locally, the Phoenix Suns announced a sponsorship deal with the Annexus Group in 2009 which includes a patch displayed on practice uniforms.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br