Cardinals given a 'C' for offseason work
So, if there was ever a time to look back and grade how each team did, this is it, and it just so happens, Matt Williamson of ESPN.com did just that.
In an ESPN Insider piece, Williamson gave the Cardinals a C for their efforts.
In terms of veteran movement in free agency, the Cardinals had very little whatsoever. And status quo isn't good for this organization in a division that is getting increasingly difficult.
Williamson points to William Gay and Adam Snyder as key additions, but lists Richard Marshall, Rex Hadnot, Deuce Lutui and Sean Considine as key losses.
Apparently actually getting on the field is not a requirement for being a "key" loss.
Anyway, it is noted that the maturation of someone like Rob Housler as well as the return of Ryan Williams should help, and the addition of Michael Floyd will make the offense even better.
Add that to a defense that Williamson said got "much better" in 2011 and boasts a player in Patrick Peterson who "is on the cusp of becoming the second-best cornerback in football" and the Cardinals may not have needed to do too much.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.