Updated Jul 27, 2012 - 7:08 pm
Dockett, Snyder former rivals on same side
When the Arizona Cardinals signed free agent guard Adam Snyder, formerly of the San Francisco 49ers, that's exactly what defensive end Darnell Dockett had to be feeling. Dockett and Snyder had been through the rigors of NFC West battles between the two teams -- and now they're on the same side.
Fast forward four months -- now the Dockett vs. Snyder battles have shifted location. Instead of the two having tangles at University of Phoenix Stadium or Candlestick Park, they're happening on the practice fields at NAU at Cardinals Training Camp in Flagstaff.
"We go at it pretty much," Dockett said Thursday. "We don't say much to each other going at it, then we'll get off the field and we'll speak and it's like 'what's up? Hi. How you doing? I'm good. Alright. Bye.' And then we walk away."
Dockett says the fact that they're on the same team hasn't changed the nastiness between the two on the field.
"We try to kill each other in 9-on-7, but that's what I expect. If he was to practice anything less than high-intensity, I'd probably say something to him," Dockett said. "I don't have to worry about him, he's a veteran guy. Our biggest thing is trying to help each other better and get ready for our first game of the season."
Snyder says, at least so far, nothing has changed in the intensity level of his matchups with Dockett -- even though they're both Cardinals now.
"I don't know how it differs, because he's such an intense player that he goes hard all the time, so I'm kind of playing a game every practice," Snyder said on an interview with Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 Thursday.
But despite his new surroundings, Snyder claims he feels totally comfortable.
"It's been a very easy transition for me. The guys have been very welcoming and I feel like I've been on this team for a long time," Snyder said. "That says a lot about the guys that we have in this locker room."
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!