Quick trip to Uganda precedes camp for Larry Fitzgerald
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — A few days before the start of training camp, Larry Fitzgerald had a quick trip to make — to Uganda for a charity appearance with former President Clinton.
Probably no professional athlete travels more than the Arizona Cardinals' six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver. He says he's been to more than 75 countries and stopped counting a couple of years ago.
Some of his journeys have been for pleasure. Many are for a cause. They include, most prominently, distributing hearing aids to the impoverished.
On his latest trip, he spent just nine hours in Uganda, a journey in conjunction with the Clinton Global Initiative.
When Clinton and Fitzgerald met, one of the first things the former president wanted to know, Fitzgerald said, was who would be the Cardinals' starting quarterback.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.