Updated Jul 30, 2012 - 11:58 am
Cardinals TE Rob Housler more comfortable entering year two
"It's one of those things where you don't have to think about it, you just react to it and you know what you're doing," he said. "So it's been a lot easier."
In 2011 Housler had 12 receptions for 133 yards, and he's looking to improve his game for this year.
"I talk about playing faster. You gotta be out there and you gotta be going full speed. You know everyone is so athletic up at this level that if you are thinking you are losing a step, so at this point I just want to be able to show that I can play fast. I think that's a big advantage I have."
In college Housler became the fourth TE in Florida Atlantic University school history to record over 1,000 receiving yards. The 24-year-old said he wants the tight ends to prove their worth to the Cardinals this season.
"I want to be able to go out there and show them that we can be a focal point and show them we are confident and we can go make plays," he said.
Housler and all the other tight ends will have that chance starting Sunday at the Hall of Fame Game.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.