Updated Jul 30, 2012 - 11:58 am
Cardinals TE Rob Housler more comfortable entering year two
"It's one of those things where you don't have to think about it, you just react to it and you know what you're doing," he said. "So it's been a lot easier."
In 2011 Housler had 12 receptions for 133 yards, and he's looking to improve his game for this year.
"I talk about playing faster. You gotta be out there and you gotta be going full speed. You know everyone is so athletic up at this level that if you are thinking you are losing a step, so at this point I just want to be able to show that I can play fast. I think that's a big advantage I have."
In college Housler became the fourth TE in Florida Atlantic University school history to record over 1,000 receiving yards. The 24-year-old said he wants the tight ends to prove their worth to the Cardinals this season.
"I want to be able to go out there and show them that we can be a focal point and show them we are confident and we can go make plays," he said.
Housler and all the other tight ends will have that chance starting Sunday at the Hall of Fame Game.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.