Whisenhunt: Kolb expected to practice Wed., start on Sun.
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb is expected to sit out practice on Tuesday with a thigh contusion, but should return Wednesday, head coach Ken Whisenhunt said.
"Kevin's got a contusion on his thigh," he told media on Tuesday. "I'm not sure if he'll practice today -- he's a little bit stiff -- but I expect him to practice tomorrow."
Kolb, often criticized for time spent on the sidelines being injured, is also expected to start the Hall of Fame Game on Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, the beginning of the Red Birds' preseason.
"He's going to start Sunday," said Whiz. "We'll have a rotation for how we do the starts, which we've done before."
Kolb was injured by defensive lineman David Carter, who banged knees with the QB during a sprint-draw, something Whisenhunt said is not uncommon.
Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.