Kolb trying to make his mark
Originally published: Aug 2, 2012 - 10:40 am
Cardinals camp continues in Flagstaff this week before they head to Canton, Ohio for the Hall of Fame Game on Sunday. As camp goes, so does the quarterback competition. Kevin Kolb says he not focused on winning the starting job; he's just trying to perform the best he can.
"I'm just trying to go out there and execute every play they give me regardless if it's 10 or 20 or four quarters," Kolb said.
This week John Skelton has taken more snaps with the first team because Kolb missed some time with a thigh bruise he suffered in practice Monday afternoon. Kolb still insists that it does no good to force things and try to do too much.
"You start pressing, getting yourself in those kinds of modes I think we all know what happens there," Kolb said.
Kolb and John Skelton both seem to go about their business every day when they hit the practice field and do what they can to make the team better.
"We're trying to make our mark every day," Kolb said of the two quarterbacks. "I mean practices like this count, every single practice counts."
Come Sunday it won't be practice anymore, it will be a pre-season game against a Saints team that has something to prove.
Kolb has already been named the starter for the Hall of Fame Game, barring any injury.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.