Updated Aug 3, 2012 - 10:13 am
Channing Tatum makes appearance at Arizona Cardinals training camp
There was a frenzy at the Arizona Cardinals training camp in Flagstaff on Thursday and it had nothing to do with the product practicing on the football field.
Hundreds of women were swooning over the A-list celebrity that was amongst the crowd. "Magic Mike" star Channing Tatum made an appearance at camp to support his long-time friend, Cardinals safety Kerry Rhodes.
"It was a mob scene," Rhodes told Arizona Sports 620's The Big Red Rage. "Literally like on any other day, it's probably 10 people down there. Today it was quite a few."
The women in attendance made sure to welcome Tatum warmly and with loud screams.
"I made a one-handed catch in practice and I thought the fans were [cheering] for me and I looked back and it was [Tatum] doing some stretch," Rhodes joked.
"My sister introduced us a long time ago and we've just been cool since," Rhodes said.
Tatum, who used to play safety at a small school in West Virginia before his acting and modeling days, thought this would be a great time to visit Rhodes.
"I've never got to come to camp before so I figured I'd come out and see what these guys are doing," Tatum said.
While Tatum has always had a love for the sport, he doesn't regret giving up on football. In fact, he's right where he should be.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.