Channing Tatum makes appearance at Arizona Cardinals training camp
There was a frenzy at the Arizona Cardinals training camp in Flagstaff on Thursday and it had nothing to do with the product practicing on the football field.
Hundreds of women were swooning over the A-list celebrity that was amongst the crowd. "Magic Mike" star Channing Tatum made an appearance at camp to support his long-time friend, Cardinals safety Kerry Rhodes.
"It was a mob scene," Rhodes told Arizona Sports 620's The Big Red Rage. "Literally like on any other day, it's probably 10 people down there. Today it was quite a few."
The women in attendance made sure to welcome Tatum warmly and with loud screams.
"I made a one-handed catch in practice and I thought the fans were [cheering] for me and I looked back and it was [Tatum] doing some stretch," Rhodes joked.
"My sister introduced us a long time ago and we've just been cool since," Rhodes said.
Tatum, who used to play safety at a small school in West Virginia before his acting and modeling days, thought this would be a great time to visit Rhodes.
"I've never got to come to camp before so I figured I'd come out and see what these guys are doing," Tatum said.
While Tatum has always had a love for the sport, he doesn't regret giving up on football. In fact, he's right where he should be.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.