Patrick Peterson will return punts for Arizona Cardinals -- for now
Peterson scored four times -- including once after fielding a punt at his own one-yard line -- and became a player teams hesitated to kick the ball to.
But with Peterson counted on to be the team's number one cornerback, some may feel it's not worth risking injury just for a chance he might take a punt back for a touchdown.
Because of that there has been some talk about maybe removing him from the role, or perhaps just having him return "important" kicks, Cardinals special teams coach Kevin Spencer said there is no expectation of losing his top weapon.
"I don't worry about that," Spencer told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "Patrick Peterson is a punt returner and he'll punt return this year."
Spencer did admit things could change next season, but isn't sure there's a need to change his role.
"In my opinion Patrick Peterson is the kind of guy that can be a Pro Bowl corner and still be a Pro Bowl returner for as many years as he wants to do it."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.