Updated Aug 7, 2012 - 1:54 pm
Cardinals activate Beanie Wells from PUP list
The team removed running back Beanie Wells from the PUP list Tuesday, allowing him to participate in the team's morning walk-through.
"Going through everything as a team, getting the ball, doing a little but of cutting," Wells said of what he did.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said every little bit Wells can do right now will help him get back into the swing of things.
"I think it's important right now that he gets back into the flow of the walk-throughs," he said. "There's a lot of things you can do, whether it's protection pickups, footwork, those kind of things."
Wells said he is likely to take it slowly this week as the team is practicing against the Kansas City Chiefs, adding that he'll probably open it up more when the team returns to Flagstaff.
"I think if we were at home going against our defense I'd probably more full go," he said. "But who knows, we may pick up stuff as the week goes on."
The (now) 24-year-old former Ohio State star has been on the Physically Unable to Perform list since the opening of training camp due to offseason knee surgery, but both he and the coaches have maintained a lack of concern over him possibly missing anything more than a few training camp practices.
In other words, he has always been expected to be ready for the September 9 season opener against the Seahawks.
Wells ran for a career-high 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, and will be counted on to once again carry the load out of the backfield along with second-year pro Ryan Williams, who is also recovering from an injury.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!