Cardinals activate Beanie Wells from PUP list
The team removed running back Beanie Wells from the PUP list Tuesday, allowing him to participate in the team's morning walk-through.
"Going through everything as a team, getting the ball, doing a little but of cutting," Wells said of what he did.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said every little bit Wells can do right now will help him get back into the swing of things.
"I think it's important right now that he gets back into the flow of the walk-throughs," he said. "There's a lot of things you can do, whether it's protection pickups, footwork, those kind of things."
Wells said he is likely to take it slowly this week as the team is practicing against the Kansas City Chiefs, adding that he'll probably open it up more when the team returns to Flagstaff.
"I think if we were at home going against our defense I'd probably more full go," he said. "But who knows, we may pick up stuff as the week goes on."
The (now) 24-year-old former Ohio State star has been on the Physically Unable to Perform list since the opening of training camp due to offseason knee surgery, but both he and the coaches have maintained a lack of concern over him possibly missing anything more than a few training camp practices.
In other words, he has always been expected to be ready for the September 9 season opener against the Seahawks.
Wells ran for a career-high 1,047 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, and will be counted on to once again carry the load out of the backfield along with second-year pro Ryan Williams, who is also recovering from an injury.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.