John Skelton to start for Arizona Cardinals against Kansas City Chiefs
John Skelton will get the start at quarterback for the Cardinals Friday against the Chiefs.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt announced the decision Tuesday, according to AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban.
It has been the plan all along.
Skelton and Kevin Kolb are battling it out to be the team's starting QB this season, with Kolb getting the start last Sunday against the Saints. The plan all along has been to alternate between the signal callers, so this latest news should come as little surprise.
This is a big moment for Skelton, who enters the game presumably with the lead in the QB race. A good performance could really put him in the driver's seat, whereas a bad one may allow Kolb to regain the edge.
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.