Whisenhunt expects Kolb to play Friday
Arizona Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt had some good news for fans of the quarterback competition, letting reporters know after Tuesday's practice at Missouri Western State University that he expects Kevin Kolb to be able to play on Friday.
"I think he'll be fine, today he was a little stiff," Whisenhunt said. "It's only two days from the game, so I think as we progress he'll probably do something tomorrow and I expect him to play Friday night."
Kolb left Sunday's game with a rib injury and had been questionable for their next game until now.
Whisenhunt also said that while he's not sure if he will play Friday or not, rookie running back Ryan Williams has shown significant signs of improvement.
"He played well today. I was very impressed with Ryan. His knee was bothering him a little bit but he pushed through it today," Whisenhunt said. "That's what you have to do when you're going back from one of these injuries. I saw Ryan grown up as a pro a little bit today and that was encouraging."
With Skelton getting the start in Friday's game, look for Kolb to come off the bench and try to make a better impression than his 1-for-4 night with four yards and an interception on Sunday.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.