ESPN: Skelton the favorite to win Cardinals QB job
The Arizona Cardinals have one of the most talked-about quarterback competitions this preseason, and now, ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter has chimed in.
The Arizona Cardinals plan to start quarterback Kevin Kolb against the Oakland Raiders on Friday in their third preseason game. However , John Skelton is considered the favorite to win the job, people within the organization told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Tuesday.
Each player has started a preseason game for the Cardinals, with Kolb getting the nod against New Orleans in the Hall of Fame Game and Skelton taking the reins last Friday in Kansas City. Neither QB has performed all that well, with Kolb posting a rating of 11.1 and Skelton putting up a 39.2 rating.
Schefter's report comes as a bit of a surprise for two reasons. First, the simple fact that neither candidate has taken an upper hand in the competition. And secondly, because of the organization's financial commitment to Kolb. After dealing with the Philadelphia Eagles to obtain his services last summer, the Cardinals signed Kolb to a five-year, $63 million contract. The team also picked up a $7 million roster bonus in the offseason.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.