Former NFL receiver disappointed in Arizona Cardinals Kevin Kolb
From the team that traded for him, the players who supported the move and the fans who believed in him, all will feel a sense of being letdown should John Skelton emerge as the team's starting quarterback.
You can add former ESPN analyst/friend of Larry Fitzgerald's Cris Carter to the list.
"We shouldn't be going through this debate a year later," Carter said on ESPN's SportsCenter Tuesday. "But if John Skelton has outperformed him, he should play in the football game.
"I believe that whoever plays quarterback for Arizona -- because of Larry Fitzgerald -- he makes that quarterback look awful good. But I'm very disappointed in Kevin Kolb."
It's one thing to disappoint coaches, fans and teammates, but this will likely be the thing that really gets to Kolb.
In truth, Carter is saying what many are thinking. That Kolb, who was expected to be the team's long-term answer at QB could be such a bust so soon is something no one wanted to contemplate, but if ESPN's Adam Schefter is correct, it's a reality we'll have to deal with.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.