Arizona Cardinals coach ready to see progress in games
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt talked about the progress his team and his leaders have made since Friday's disappointing loss to the Chiefs.
"Yesterday was a good physical practice," he said. "It was a good start but until we do it in a game, I'm not going to say we've done anything."
The Cardinals are 0-2 in the preseason so far and are hosting the Raiders on Friday.
"I think I've said all along that the guys have been practicing hard, they've been practicing good, but we haven't played well in the games, we haven't played well enough, we haven't played to our standard," the coach said.
Looking back at the Cardinals' defense in their game against the Chiefs, of the first 20 plays they had, mistakes were committed on 17 of them.
"Until we do that in a game (play to our standards) and we play better and do some of the things we need to do, nothing has really changed," Whisenhunt said. "I like the way they're working and that's about it."
The motto for the Cardinals for the rest of camp should be what defensive coordinator Ray Horton was yelling all throughout practice Monday: "It has to be always, not sometimes."
Meaning consistency is the key to success.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.