Updated Aug 15, 2012 - 4:52 pm
Report: Players would welcome Tarvaris Jackson to Arizona Cardinals
With Kevin Kolb and John Skelton in the midst of a battle of mediocrity, some feel like the team may look elsewhere for an answer at the position. One of the QBs supposedly on the trade block is Tarvaris Jackson, who is currently with the Seattle Seahawks.
Would he be a good fit in Arizona? Hard to say, but according to Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter players on the Cardinals players wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in.
if the seahawks actually seek to trade tarvaris jackson, i can tell you one place he definitely would be welcomed by players: arizona.— Jim Trotter (@SI_JimTrotter) August 15, 2012
Jackson, 29, has had a solid-but-unspectacular career since being taken in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings. He's completed 59.4 percent of his passes and thrown 38 touchdowns against 35 interceptions, tallying a QB rating of 77.7 in the process.
At any rate, while Jackson wouldn't necessarily be a bad option for the Cardinals, it's hard to see the Seahawks being amenable to the idea of trading him within the NFC West. Besides, as of now the Cardinals have four QBs on the roster, and adding someone like Jackson would likely mean parting with someone like Kolb.
And as bad as things seem now, it's a little tough to see that happening.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.