Updated Aug 15, 2012 - 4:52 pm
Report: Players would welcome Tarvaris Jackson to Arizona Cardinals
With Kevin Kolb and John Skelton in the midst of a battle of mediocrity, some feel like the team may look elsewhere for an answer at the position. One of the QBs supposedly on the trade block is Tarvaris Jackson, who is currently with the Seattle Seahawks.
Would he be a good fit in Arizona? Hard to say, but according to Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter players on the Cardinals players wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in.
if the seahawks actually seek to trade tarvaris jackson, i can tell you one place he definitely would be welcomed by players: arizona.— Jim Trotter (@SI_JimTrotter) August 15, 2012
Jackson, 29, has had a solid-but-unspectacular career since being taken in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings. He's completed 59.4 percent of his passes and thrown 38 touchdowns against 35 interceptions, tallying a QB rating of 77.7 in the process.
At any rate, while Jackson wouldn't necessarily be a bad option for the Cardinals, it's hard to see the Seahawks being amenable to the idea of trading him within the NFC West. Besides, as of now the Cardinals have four QBs on the roster, and adding someone like Jackson would likely mean parting with someone like Kolb.
And as bad as things seem now, it's a little tough to see that happening.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.