Arizona Cardinals first half synopsis
The Cardinals looked nothing like the team they showed in the first two games to start their third preseason contest against the Oakland Raiders.
The defense flew around the ball, Adrian Wilson played like he was 25 and Kevin Kolb looked like he was on his way to starting against Seattle. Although the defense remained strong, Kolb did not.
On Kolb's second drive, he took a terrible intentional grounding penalty setting up 3rd and 14 from the Cardinals' one yard line. Oakland ran a twist and the right side of the Cardinals' line was destroyed. A jailbreak ensued and the result was a Kolb safety. Although the sack wasn't Kolb's fault, the grounding penalty set-up the play.
With his first two drives a wash, Kolb led two more series to similar results and was sacked twice more. On the second series, Kolb tried to complete a pass to Adam Snyder. Unfortunately for all involved, that was illegal.
John Skelton entered the game after a Daryl Washington induced fumble. He needed only four plays to lead the Cardinals on a 23-yard TD drive.
Skelton's day ended with only one series going 3 for 3 for 23 yards, 1 TD and 0 picks. Kolb went 3 for 6 for 22 yards, 1 TD, 1 safety and 1 attempted pass to a lineman.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.