ESPN insider calls Cardinals QBs "a disaster"
Friday night, Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Tommy Kelly teed off on Kevin Kolb, both on the field and through the press. Kelly called Kolb scared after Arizona's 31-27 win over the Raiders.
"You look at him throw, it doesn't look like he's throwing with authority and he'll get that little scared look in his eyes," Clayton said on the ESPN airwaves over the weekend. "I know he's battling that verbally, and that's now the perception and that's not good, so it looks like John Skelton is going to end up with the job."
Kolb started strong during Friday's game, going 3-for-3 for 22 yards on Arizona's opening drive, which ended in a 3-yard touchdown run by Ryan Williams.
But things got difficult for the second-year Cardinal after that. Kolb went 0-for-3 and was sacked three times by an aggressive Raiders defense during the rest of his playing time.
Of course, Thursday's game at Tennessee will actually be the Cardinals' fourth preseason game. Kolb has started two of the first three, while Skelton started the preseason tilt against Kansas City.
Skelton took only four snaps against the Raiders, but went 3-for-3 for 23 yards and a touchdown pass to fullback Anthony Sherman.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.