Updated Aug 20, 2012 - 3:04 pm
Larry Fitzgerald not concerned about Cardinals starting QB
The receiver, as a guest on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday, did admit answering the question gets old, but said he thinks the team is in a good spot at the position.
"I think we're in a unique situation that we're fortunate that we believe we have two quarterbacks that we can win with, we have won with," he said. "Two guys that I think are capable of taking our team to the playoffs.
"That's unique, that's a good thing I believe. But obviously we would love to be settled and get it behind us and look forward to going out there and playing against the Seattle Seahawks and getting that gameplan ready for those guys."
Unfortunately, perhaps, it seems as though a resolution to the competition is not yet at hand.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said at his press conference Monday that he sees no reason to make a decision prior to the last preseason game, which is not until next week.
So then it's good that Fitzgerald, who figures to catch a lot of passes from whoever is under center, is only focused on what he can do on the field.
"Honestly I don't even think about who I'm breaking the huddle with," he said. "I just worry about how can Larry Fitzgerald be the best player on every single down; how can I improve.
"Because if I'm at my best then I make his margin for error that much better."
It's all his teammates knowing he'll be there on every play, he said.
"I don't think there's any greater compliment than someone telling you that 'he's accountable' or 'he's reliable, 'he's consistent,'" he said. "Those are things you want your teammates to say about you."
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.