Updated Aug 20, 2012 - 3:04 pm
Larry Fitzgerald not concerned about Cardinals starting QB
The receiver, as a guest on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday, did admit answering the question gets old, but said he thinks the team is in a good spot at the position.
"I think we're in a unique situation that we're fortunate that we believe we have two quarterbacks that we can win with, we have won with," he said. "Two guys that I think are capable of taking our team to the playoffs.
"That's unique, that's a good thing I believe. But obviously we would love to be settled and get it behind us and look forward to going out there and playing against the Seattle Seahawks and getting that gameplan ready for those guys."
Unfortunately, perhaps, it seems as though a resolution to the competition is not yet at hand.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said at his press conference Monday that he sees no reason to make a decision prior to the last preseason game, which is not until next week.
So then it's good that Fitzgerald, who figures to catch a lot of passes from whoever is under center, is only focused on what he can do on the field.
"Honestly I don't even think about who I'm breaking the huddle with," he said. "I just worry about how can Larry Fitzgerald be the best player on every single down; how can I improve.
"Because if I'm at my best then I make his margin for error that much better."
It's all his teammates knowing he'll be there on every play, he said.
"I don't think there's any greater compliment than someone telling you that 'he's accountable' or 'he's reliable, 'he's consistent,'" he said. "Those are things you want your teammates to say about you."
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!