Updated Aug 20, 2012 - 3:04 pm
Larry Fitzgerald not concerned about Cardinals starting QB
The receiver, as a guest on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday, did admit answering the question gets old, but said he thinks the team is in a good spot at the position.
"I think we're in a unique situation that we're fortunate that we believe we have two quarterbacks that we can win with, we have won with," he said. "Two guys that I think are capable of taking our team to the playoffs.
"That's unique, that's a good thing I believe. But obviously we would love to be settled and get it behind us and look forward to going out there and playing against the Seattle Seahawks and getting that gameplan ready for those guys."
Unfortunately, perhaps, it seems as though a resolution to the competition is not yet at hand.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said at his press conference Monday that he sees no reason to make a decision prior to the last preseason game, which is not until next week.
So then it's good that Fitzgerald, who figures to catch a lot of passes from whoever is under center, is only focused on what he can do on the field.
"Honestly I don't even think about who I'm breaking the huddle with," he said. "I just worry about how can Larry Fitzgerald be the best player on every single down; how can I improve.
"Because if I'm at my best then I make his margin for error that much better."
It's all his teammates knowing he'll be there on every play, he said.
"I don't think there's any greater compliment than someone telling you that 'he's accountable' or 'he's reliable, 'he's consistent,'" he said. "Those are things you want your teammates to say about you."
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?