Updated Aug 21, 2012 - 12:01 pm
Arizona Cardinals wrap up training camp in Flagstaff
And now that time has come to an end. The Cardinals held their 20th and final practice at NAU Tuesday morning before heading back to the Valley and ultimately Nashville to take on the Tennessee Titans in their fourth preseason game Thursday night.
"Another one in the books, it was a good camp," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "Seems like there was a lot going on this year, between the Hall of Fame and the Kansas City trip and then coming back and forth here.
"We got a lot of work done here and now it's back down to the Valley."
The scenery may be changing for the Cardinals, but the process of evaluation will continue for Whisenhunt and his staff with two preseason games remaining.
"It was a good camp, but now we've got to take that next step, we've got to go on the road and play well against Tennessee and get prepared for the season," Whisenhunt said. "We made a couple of strides last week, we need to do that this week. We need to find out about a lot of our young guys.
"We're going to play some guys Thursday night, get them some opportunities and try to get the best 53 out of this group."
After 20 practices, the team has become accustomed to the conditions of Flagstaff, but Whisenhunt won't miss everything about the Cardinals' training home.
"I'm not going to miss the thunderstorms that we get every afternoon and having to worry about going inside," he said. "This is a good place for camp, we had a good camp, our guys worked hard.
"You're going to miss some things, you're not going to miss some things. I'm not going to miss the beds we're sleeping in and I'm not going to miss living in a dorm. It'll be good to get home."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?