Cardinals OC looking for QBs to show improvement
It's John Skelton's turn to start, so he'll get the first shot at impressing the coaches. Kevin Kolb will also get some snaps, and as offensive coordinator Mike Miller told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, the hope is the QBs will continue to improve.
"I think we are just trying to build that continuity, see these guys continue to expand what we're able to operate," Miller said. "And just see the physical things -- the accuracy, just being aware of the pre-snap reads, the poise.
"And then just the anticipation, just the overall continued development within their job and the offense."
So in a perfect world both Skelton and Kolb would play well, though that task may be a bit more difficult now that left tackle Levi Brown is out after suffering a torn tricep last Friday against Oakland Raiders.
That leaves the inexperienced D.J. Young getting the nod Thursday in Tennessee, and he'll be followed by a few others whom the coaches want to get a look at in one of the most crucial positions in the game.
Miller made sure to add that Brown will continue to be an anchor for the team in the future, but said this is a chance for the younger players to show what they can do.
But really, as much as there may be concern over who is blocking for them, the focus will once again be on the quarterbacks.
"Obviously everybody knows we're in the middle of trying to determine who our number one is going to be and I think that thing's moving along pretty well," Miller said. "And this Thursday is another opportunity for both of those guys to go out on the field and show what they can do."
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.