Updated Aug 21, 2012 - 5:35 pm
Cardinals OC looking for QBs to show improvement
It's John Skelton's turn to start, so he'll get the first shot at impressing the coaches. Kevin Kolb will also get some snaps, and as offensive coordinator Mike Miller told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, the hope is the QBs will continue to improve.
"I think we are just trying to build that continuity, see these guys continue to expand what we're able to operate," Miller said. "And just see the physical things -- the accuracy, just being aware of the pre-snap reads, the poise.
"And then just the anticipation, just the overall continued development within their job and the offense."
So in a perfect world both Skelton and Kolb would play well, though that task may be a bit more difficult now that left tackle Levi Brown is out after suffering a torn tricep last Friday against Oakland Raiders.
That leaves the inexperienced D.J. Young getting the nod Thursday in Tennessee, and he'll be followed by a few others whom the coaches want to get a look at in one of the most crucial positions in the game.
Miller made sure to add that Brown will continue to be an anchor for the team in the future, but said this is a chance for the younger players to show what they can do.
But really, as much as there may be concern over who is blocking for them, the focus will once again be on the quarterbacks.
"Obviously everybody knows we're in the middle of trying to determine who our number one is going to be and I think that thing's moving along pretty well," Miller said. "And this Thursday is another opportunity for both of those guys to go out on the field and show what they can do."
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.