Updated Aug 21, 2012 - 5:35 pm
Cardinals OC looking for QBs to show improvement
It's John Skelton's turn to start, so he'll get the first shot at impressing the coaches. Kevin Kolb will also get some snaps, and as offensive coordinator Mike Miller told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, the hope is the QBs will continue to improve.
"I think we are just trying to build that continuity, see these guys continue to expand what we're able to operate," Miller said. "And just see the physical things -- the accuracy, just being aware of the pre-snap reads, the poise.
"And then just the anticipation, just the overall continued development within their job and the offense."
So in a perfect world both Skelton and Kolb would play well, though that task may be a bit more difficult now that left tackle Levi Brown is out after suffering a torn tricep last Friday against Oakland Raiders.
That leaves the inexperienced D.J. Young getting the nod Thursday in Tennessee, and he'll be followed by a few others whom the coaches want to get a look at in one of the most crucial positions in the game.
Miller made sure to add that Brown will continue to be an anchor for the team in the future, but said this is a chance for the younger players to show what they can do.
But really, as much as there may be concern over who is blocking for them, the focus will once again be on the quarterbacks.
"Obviously everybody knows we're in the middle of trying to determine who our number one is going to be and I think that thing's moving along pretty well," Miller said. "And this Thursday is another opportunity for both of those guys to go out on the field and show what they can do."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.