Offensive Coordinator Mike Miller excited to have Ryan Williams back
Needless to say, Williams' return brought some much needed relief for Offensive Coordinator Mike Miller.
"Last week when we were on the field in pre game, I was watching Ryan Williams. I looked over and said to Russ (Grimm), ‘You know what, you almost forget that tonight we actually get to have him in the game,'" Miller told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "It's almost like when you walk by a Cadillac in the garage that you can't drive."
Williams rushed for 25 yards on five carries and had a touchdown in his return, a testament to his hard work and quick return from the devastating injury.
"You just can't say enough about the guy's work ethic. He stayed positive, he applied himself during the offseason," Miller said. "Just the way he is right now and the way he has come back is a big credit to him and his training staff. We were really excited last week to have him back."
Williams garnered attention from many veterans on the club with his work ethic while on the sideline; something Miller said has left him with much more respect than a second year player would usually have.
"He just loves the game and brings such a passion to it. With his work ethic, he is just trying to get better every day. He's a good teammate, he understood his role as a rookie, he's super positive and he's a guy that just brings energy," Miller said. "So people get excited for him as a person, and then once you watch him on the field and see the things he is capable of doing that really gets people excited."
With the Cardinals not yet sure who their quarterback will be, and a run heavy coach in Ken Whisenhunt, the sky's the limit for Williams, who looks to break out in his first real season with the Cardinals.
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.