ESPN Insider: Ryan Lindley a rookie to watch for Arizona Cardinals
That said, it is interesting to note how rookies are viewed, if only because you would not want to draft one if you don't expect the guy to produce.
ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. wrote an ESPN Insider piece going over some long-term picks if you were in a keeper league, and he mentions Arizona Cardinals QB Ryan Lindley.
There's a lot of development left for Lindley, but he has an NFL arm and can drill the ball into tight spots. He worked with three coordinators at San Diego State, and some early promise was largely unfulfilled. If he can improve his accuracy, he has the physical tools of a starter in this league. Given the quarterback situation in Arizona, I just hope he doesn't get rushed like some have recently.
A sixth round pick out of San Diego State, Lindley has completed 34-of-66 passes for 362 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions in the preseason. He's looked both good and awful, which is not surprising given his draft status as well as the fact that he's, well, a rookie.
But the potential is there, and while there is little reason for you to add him to your fantasy team at this point, there's no reason to think he may not turn into something down the road.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br