Final Cardinals camp battle: Left and right tackle
Camp began with the offensive line being mostly set, with the Cardinals only needing to fill the right tackle spot. However Levi Brown tore the triceps in his right arm during the preseason, leaving the team scrambling to fill both tackle positions.
The veteran Bridges began training camp as the starting right tackle, and it's possible Brown's injury may slide him to the other side.
Bridges has not received as much playing time in preseason because, as head coach Ken Whisenhunt has said, the team knows what he can do, and as it is that may be better than the other options.
A fourth-round pick out of Ole Miss, it was hoped Massie would eventually take over the right tackle position when he was ready, not out of necessity.
However, the 23-year-old may be pressed into duty due to injuries along the line, and he's getting a test run as a starter in Thursday's preseason finale against the Broncos.
A career journeyman, Batiste is getting the start at left tackle Thursday against the Broncos after playing well in Tennessee last week.
Another good effort could lock up the starting job.
D.J. Young got the start against the Titans last week and, well, struggled a bit. The second-year pro had trouble staying in front of whoever lined up opposite him, and likely cost himself a shot at the starting job for now.
That said, the Cardinals are still excited about Young's potential and will not give up on the 24-year-old just yet.
Coming up Wednesday: Secondary
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.