One of 16 ESPN analysts picks the Arizona Cardinals to win the NFC West
AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley was the one to pick the Cardinals, and said that it mostly had to do with his lack of trust in 49ers quarterback Alex Smith.
"Obviously, the choice for the NFC West winner would've been different if the 49ers had lured Peyton Manning to San Francisco. And one of the big reasons why I chose Arizona is my lack of confidence in Alex Smith repeating last year's success."
Hensley wasn't oblivious to the quarterback battle here in Arizona either, but said that the talent of Larry Fitzgerald and the coaching ability of Ken Whisenhunt was enough for him to pick the Cardinals.
"Don't get me wrong. There is concern at the quarterback position and the offensive line. I just think their talent at the skill positions on offense, namely Larry Fitzgerald, is good enough to offset those question marks. Plus, coach Ken Whisenhunt is undervalued as a coach in his ability to get the most out of his teams."
Hensley added that while all of the focus has been on the quarterbacks, the Cardinals have flown below the radar with a defense that is underrated.
The Seattle Seahawks also received one vote.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.