William Powell leads preseason in rushing
Powell, who had 249 yards and 3 touchdowns on 42 carries, has been one of the bright spots in an otherwise rough Cardinals preseason.
Aside from leading the league in rushing, Powell also gives the Cardinals an option as a kick returner.
As a senior at Kansas State in 2010, Powell was second in the nation averaging 34.6 yards per return. In the preseason, he returned 10 kicks for a total of 290 yards, including one that went for 53 yards.
After graduating from Kansas State in 2010, the undrafted rookie found himself on the practice squad for all of last season.
Due such a dominating preseason, Powell is now expected to be named one of the last players added to the 53 man roster today by head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.