Updated Aug 31, 2012 - 2:20 pm
William Powell leads preseason in rushing
Powell, who had 249 yards and 3 touchdowns on 42 carries, has been one of the bright spots in an otherwise rough Cardinals preseason.
Aside from leading the league in rushing, Powell also gives the Cardinals an option as a kick returner.
As a senior at Kansas State in 2010, Powell was second in the nation averaging 34.6 yards per return. In the preseason, he returned 10 kicks for a total of 290 yards, including one that went for 53 yards.
After graduating from Kansas State in 2010, the undrafted rookie found himself on the practice squad for all of last season.
Due such a dominating preseason, Powell is now expected to be named one of the last players added to the 53 man roster today by head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?