Updated Aug 31, 2012 - 2:20 pm
William Powell leads preseason in rushing
Powell, who had 249 yards and 3 touchdowns on 42 carries, has been one of the bright spots in an otherwise rough Cardinals preseason.
Aside from leading the league in rushing, Powell also gives the Cardinals an option as a kick returner.
As a senior at Kansas State in 2010, Powell was second in the nation averaging 34.6 yards per return. In the preseason, he returned 10 kicks for a total of 290 yards, including one that went for 53 yards.
After graduating from Kansas State in 2010, the undrafted rookie found himself on the practice squad for all of last season.
Due such a dominating preseason, Powell is now expected to be named one of the last players added to the 53 man roster today by head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.