Updated Aug 31, 2012 - 2:20 pm
William Powell leads preseason in rushing
Powell, who had 249 yards and 3 touchdowns on 42 carries, has been one of the bright spots in an otherwise rough Cardinals preseason.
Aside from leading the league in rushing, Powell also gives the Cardinals an option as a kick returner.
As a senior at Kansas State in 2010, Powell was second in the nation averaging 34.6 yards per return. In the preseason, he returned 10 kicks for a total of 290 yards, including one that went for 53 yards.
After graduating from Kansas State in 2010, the undrafted rookie found himself on the practice squad for all of last season.
Due such a dominating preseason, Powell is now expected to be named one of the last players added to the 53 man roster today by head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.