Updated Aug 31, 2012 - 2:20 pm
William Powell leads preseason in rushing
Powell, who had 249 yards and 3 touchdowns on 42 carries, has been one of the bright spots in an otherwise rough Cardinals preseason.
Aside from leading the league in rushing, Powell also gives the Cardinals an option as a kick returner.
As a senior at Kansas State in 2010, Powell was second in the nation averaging 34.6 yards per return. In the preseason, he returned 10 kicks for a total of 290 yards, including one that went for 53 yards.
After graduating from Kansas State in 2010, the undrafted rookie found himself on the practice squad for all of last season.
Due such a dominating preseason, Powell is now expected to be named one of the last players added to the 53 man roster today by head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.