Kevin Kolb: There's no time to sulk
Underneath a shade tree just outside the Arizona Cardinals locker room is where the starting quarterback, standing on a platform, addresses the media each week.
John Skelton took the stage following Monday's practice.
Kevin Kolb, the new backup, held his availablity inside by his locker.
"It's disappointing. That's obvious," he said in his first comments since head coach Ken Whisenhunt named Skelton the starter for Week 1.
"There's one thing I learned in this league: It's full of surprises. You just keep pressing forward. If you take time to sulk or feel sorry for yourself, you're going get left behind and then an opportunity is going to pass you by."
Kolb said he wasn't given any specific reason for why he was beaten out for the job, one which he held until a concussion sidelined him for the final month of last season.
"It was short and sweet," he said of his conversation with Whisenhunt. "He asked me if I had any questions and I said 'No.' I said 'I'll be ready if something comes up.' I'm a professional. I'll keeping working hard."
He has to. Nowadays in the NFL, very few teams go through an entire season playing just one quarterback.
"There's no time to sulk, no time to feel sorry for myself," Kolb said. "[I] got to go back to work today and get ready for the Seahawks.
"I know there's still good things to come here. I tell you all that everytime when something bad happens. That's the perspective that I'll keep."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.