Larry Fitzgerald glad Arizona Cardinals quarterback controversy is behind team
When it comes down to it, no one was likely more tired of the Arizona Cardinals quarterback controversy than receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
Fitz projected a sense of relief when he sat down with the media following Monday's practice.
"I'm just happy it's behind us and we don't have to answer that question every day," he said.
Fitz said that he respects head coach Ken Whisenhunt's decision and is ready to move forward with the season with Skelton at the helm.
"We're going to follow his lead and go into the trenches with him. We're going to fight it out," he said.
When it comes to now backup quarterback Kevin Kolb, Fitz said he's done everything right for himself and the team.
"It's a tough business. He's done everything right. He works hard everyday. He's here. He's committed to the cause," he said. "It's unfortunate."
Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou contributed to this report.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.