Larry Fitzgerald glad Arizona Cardinals quarterback controversy is behind team
When it comes down to it, no one was likely more tired of the Arizona Cardinals quarterback controversy than receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
Fitz projected a sense of relief when he sat down with the media following Monday's practice.
"I'm just happy it's behind us and we don't have to answer that question every day," he said.
Fitz said that he respects head coach Ken Whisenhunt's decision and is ready to move forward with the season with Skelton at the helm.
"We're going to follow his lead and go into the trenches with him. We're going to fight it out," he said.
When it comes to now backup quarterback Kevin Kolb, Fitz said he's done everything right for himself and the team.
"It's a tough business. He's done everything right. He works hard everyday. He's here. He's committed to the cause," he said. "It's unfortunate."
Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou contributed to this report.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?