Larry Fitzgerald glad Arizona Cardinals quarterback controversy is behind team
When it comes down to it, no one was likely more tired of the Arizona Cardinals quarterback controversy than receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
Fitz projected a sense of relief when he sat down with the media following Monday's practice.
"I'm just happy it's behind us and we don't have to answer that question every day," he said.
Fitz said that he respects head coach Ken Whisenhunt's decision and is ready to move forward with the season with Skelton at the helm.
"We're going to follow his lead and go into the trenches with him. We're going to fight it out," he said.
When it comes to now backup quarterback Kevin Kolb, Fitz said he's done everything right for himself and the team.
"It's a tough business. He's done everything right. He works hard everyday. He's here. He's committed to the cause," he said. "It's unfortunate."
Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou contributed to this report.
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?