Larry Fitzgerald glad Arizona Cardinals quarterback controversy is behind team
When it comes down to it, no one was likely more tired of the Arizona Cardinals quarterback controversy than receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
Fitz projected a sense of relief when he sat down with the media following Monday's practice.
"I'm just happy it's behind us and we don't have to answer that question every day," he said.
Fitz said that he respects head coach Ken Whisenhunt's decision and is ready to move forward with the season with Skelton at the helm.
"We're going to follow his lead and go into the trenches with him. We're going to fight it out," he said.
When it comes to now backup quarterback Kevin Kolb, Fitz said he's done everything right for himself and the team.
"It's a tough business. He's done everything right. He works hard everyday. He's here. He's committed to the cause," he said. "It's unfortunate."
Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou contributed to this report.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.