Updated Sep 7, 2012 - 5:54 pm
Cards special teams coach excited about group
"I really do think we have a heck of a crew of guys, especially some of our guys that grew up from last year," Spencer told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I think we could be a real exceptional group this year."
Spencer said that kicker Jay Feely thinks this group has a chance to be really good.
"He said this might be the best group he has ever been around in his career." Spencer said. "He really feels (that way) from not only from the specialist standpoint, but a returner's standpoint and also our coverage and blocking guys. He really feels we got an exceptional group. "
The highlight of the special teams group is the punt returning skills of Patrick Peterson.
Last season, Peterson returned four punts for touchdowns.
"I just think he has got that feel for it. I don't know if you coach that stuff," Spencer. "He was blessed when he came out of the womb."
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.