Updated Sep 7, 2012 - 5:54 pm
Cards special teams coach excited about group
"I really do think we have a heck of a crew of guys, especially some of our guys that grew up from last year," Spencer told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I think we could be a real exceptional group this year."
Spencer said that kicker Jay Feely thinks this group has a chance to be really good.
"He said this might be the best group he has ever been around in his career." Spencer said. "He really feels (that way) from not only from the specialist standpoint, but a returner's standpoint and also our coverage and blocking guys. He really feels we got an exceptional group. "
The highlight of the special teams group is the punt returning skills of Patrick Peterson.
Last season, Peterson returned four punts for touchdowns.
"I just think he has got that feel for it. I don't know if you coach that stuff," Spencer. "He was blessed when he came out of the womb."
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?