Updated Sep 7, 2012 - 5:54 pm
Cards special teams coach excited about group
"I really do think we have a heck of a crew of guys, especially some of our guys that grew up from last year," Spencer told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I think we could be a real exceptional group this year."
Spencer said that kicker Jay Feely thinks this group has a chance to be really good.
"He said this might be the best group he has ever been around in his career." Spencer said. "He really feels (that way) from not only from the specialist standpoint, but a returner's standpoint and also our coverage and blocking guys. He really feels we got an exceptional group. "
The highlight of the special teams group is the punt returning skills of Patrick Peterson.
Last season, Peterson returned four punts for touchdowns.
"I just think he has got that feel for it. I don't know if you coach that stuff," Spencer. "He was blessed when he came out of the womb."
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.