Updated Sep 7, 2012 - 5:54 pm
Cards special teams coach excited about group
"I really do think we have a heck of a crew of guys, especially some of our guys that grew up from last year," Spencer told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I think we could be a real exceptional group this year."
Spencer said that kicker Jay Feely thinks this group has a chance to be really good.
"He said this might be the best group he has ever been around in his career." Spencer said. "He really feels (that way) from not only from the specialist standpoint, but a returner's standpoint and also our coverage and blocking guys. He really feels we got an exceptional group. "
The highlight of the special teams group is the punt returning skills of Patrick Peterson.
Last season, Peterson returned four punts for touchdowns.
"I just think he has got that feel for it. I don't know if you coach that stuff," Spencer. "He was blessed when he came out of the womb."
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.