Updated Sep 7, 2012 - 5:54 pm
Cards special teams coach excited about group
"I really do think we have a heck of a crew of guys, especially some of our guys that grew up from last year," Spencer told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "I think we could be a real exceptional group this year."
Spencer said that kicker Jay Feely thinks this group has a chance to be really good.
"He said this might be the best group he has ever been around in his career." Spencer said. "He really feels (that way) from not only from the specialist standpoint, but a returner's standpoint and also our coverage and blocking guys. He really feels we got an exceptional group. "
The highlight of the special teams group is the punt returning skills of Patrick Peterson.
Last season, Peterson returned four punts for touchdowns.
"I just think he has got that feel for it. I don't know if you coach that stuff," Spencer. "He was blessed when he came out of the womb."
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.