Bidwill: Kevin Kolb to start for Cardinals in New England
Kolb replaced an injured John Skelton in the fourth quarter against the Seahawks Sunday, leading the team to a win.
And even with the news that Skelton's injury was just a sprained ankle -- which is good news -- most figured Kolb would get the nod.
He will, according to team president Michael Bidwill, who was asked about Kolb on Arizona Sports 620's sister station News-Talk 92.3 KTAR. He was a guest on the Karie and Chuck show.
"He's going to be our starter obviously this week and we're excited about the opportunity in front of us," Bidwill said.
It's a big opportunity for Kolb, too.
The QB lost a preseason battle with Skelton for the starting job, but now gets a chance to revive his career with the Cardinals.
Should he play well in New England -- and every game after -- there's a chance he'll keep the starting gig even when Skelton returns from his injury.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.