Updated Sep 14, 2012 - 4:28 pm
ESPN insider says Cardinals lack confidence in Kolb
ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, though, isn't confident that's going to be what happens Sunday in Foxborough.
"It could get real ugly," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "I don't know if it will get ugly, but it's just going to be disappointing."
Clayton said Kolb leading the Cardinals on a game-winning drive against Seattle last week is probably not enough to make everyone believe he's turned the corner and ready to be an effective NFL quarterback, especially since the last year or so has been a struggle for the former Eagle.
"If you can't win over your team, and Kevin Kolb hasn't won over his team, that's a problem," he said. "To a point where the only reason he's starting right now is because of the injury."
Clayton noted that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt's refusal to formally announce Kolb as his starter Sunday is another sign that there may not be a lot of confidence in the quarterback.
Whether the Cardinals believe in Kolb or not, the QB will have an opportunity to prove himself Sunday in New England.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.