Updated Sep 14, 2012 - 4:28 pm
ESPN insider says Cardinals lack confidence in Kolb
ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, though, isn't confident that's going to be what happens Sunday in Foxborough.
"It could get real ugly," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "I don't know if it will get ugly, but it's just going to be disappointing."
Clayton said Kolb leading the Cardinals on a game-winning drive against Seattle last week is probably not enough to make everyone believe he's turned the corner and ready to be an effective NFL quarterback, especially since the last year or so has been a struggle for the former Eagle.
"If you can't win over your team, and Kevin Kolb hasn't won over his team, that's a problem," he said. "To a point where the only reason he's starting right now is because of the injury."
Clayton noted that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt's refusal to formally announce Kolb as his starter Sunday is another sign that there may not be a lot of confidence in the quarterback.
Whether the Cardinals believe in Kolb or not, the QB will have an opportunity to prove himself Sunday in New England.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.