Updated Sep 14, 2012 - 4:28 pm
ESPN insider says Cardinals lack confidence in Kolb
ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, though, isn't confident that's going to be what happens Sunday in Foxborough.
"It could get real ugly," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "I don't know if it will get ugly, but it's just going to be disappointing."
Clayton said Kolb leading the Cardinals on a game-winning drive against Seattle last week is probably not enough to make everyone believe he's turned the corner and ready to be an effective NFL quarterback, especially since the last year or so has been a struggle for the former Eagle.
"If you can't win over your team, and Kevin Kolb hasn't won over his team, that's a problem," he said. "To a point where the only reason he's starting right now is because of the injury."
Clayton noted that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt's refusal to formally announce Kolb as his starter Sunday is another sign that there may not be a lot of confidence in the quarterback.
Whether the Cardinals believe in Kolb or not, the QB will have an opportunity to prove himself Sunday in New England.
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?