Updated Sep 14, 2012 - 4:28 pm
ESPN insider says Cardinals lack confidence in Kolb
ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, though, isn't confident that's going to be what happens Sunday in Foxborough.
"It could get real ugly," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "I don't know if it will get ugly, but it's just going to be disappointing."
Clayton said Kolb leading the Cardinals on a game-winning drive against Seattle last week is probably not enough to make everyone believe he's turned the corner and ready to be an effective NFL quarterback, especially since the last year or so has been a struggle for the former Eagle.
"If you can't win over your team, and Kevin Kolb hasn't won over his team, that's a problem," he said. "To a point where the only reason he's starting right now is because of the injury."
Clayton noted that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt's refusal to formally announce Kolb as his starter Sunday is another sign that there may not be a lot of confidence in the quarterback.
Whether the Cardinals believe in Kolb or not, the QB will have an opportunity to prove himself Sunday in New England.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!