ESPN insider says Cardinals lack confidence in Kolb
ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, though, isn't confident that's going to be what happens Sunday in Foxborough.
"It could get real ugly," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "I don't know if it will get ugly, but it's just going to be disappointing."
Clayton said Kolb leading the Cardinals on a game-winning drive against Seattle last week is probably not enough to make everyone believe he's turned the corner and ready to be an effective NFL quarterback, especially since the last year or so has been a struggle for the former Eagle.
"If you can't win over your team, and Kevin Kolb hasn't won over his team, that's a problem," he said. "To a point where the only reason he's starting right now is because of the injury."
Clayton noted that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt's refusal to formally announce Kolb as his starter Sunday is another sign that there may not be a lot of confidence in the quarterback.
Whether the Cardinals believe in Kolb or not, the QB will have an opportunity to prove himself Sunday in New England.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br