Warner: Handling pressure key for Kolb
In the season opener against the Seattle Seahawks, Kolb replaced an injured John Skelton in the fourth quarter and led the Cardinals to a game winning touchdown drive.
He was 6 for 8 and threw for 66 yards and one touchdown. Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he feels that coming off the bench late helped Kolb thrive in last week's game.
He said the reason was he didn't have time to worry or build up anxiety. Instead, he just went out and played.
"He handled himself extremely well," Warner said. "He made some huge throws and some really good reads in that drive."
When Kolb first arrived in Arizona last season, Cardinals fans were very optimistic he would be able to solve their quarterback dilemma. However, his career in the desert didn't have as strong of a start as he hoped.
"The big contract, the high expectations and he put a lot of pressure on himself," Warner said. "There was a lot of pressure from the outside and it was weighing him down."
After his drive against the Seahawks, there seems to finally be some optimism surrounding Kolb again.
Warner, and Cardinals fans everywhere, are now curious to see if he can continue his solid play against New England.
"Can he handle that (starting) the same way, alleviate a lot of that pressure and just relax and go play like I think he did in that drive last week?" Warner said. "If he can, I think he is going to play a lot better football than we have seen over the last couple years."
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br