Darnell Dockett: 'I just want to get into the playoffs'
Now 2-0, the Cardinals are starting to look like a playoff contender.
"I just want to get into the playoffs. Last two years going home in January ain't been cool," Dockett said. "My whole focus is trying to get this team in the tournament. If we can get in the tournament, anything can happen."
Dockett feels that selfless play by the defense is what makes his team work.
He claims he is "sacrificing everything for the team right now" and "not a guy on this team is thinking selfishly."
"If a guy had one tackle and we win a game, be happy with that one tackle," Dockett. "That is just another step closer to what we are trying to get in January and February."
Dockett said he has confidence in everyone he lines up with and always has.
"I think Rod Graves has done a great job at getting the right guys in here, guys that really want to play football and really want to win," Dockett said.
One player it may have been easy to lose confidence in is running back Ryan Williams, who fumbled the ball in a key situation and nearly cost the team the game.
However, Dockett said that he was glad the something like that happened to Williams because it gives him a chance to learn.
"He might be in that same exact situation this week where we have to get him the ball. I can almost guarantee that he is going to hold on to that ball next time," Dockett said. "I guarantee that is going to be in the back of his mind for the rest of his career."
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br