Kevin Kolb may finally get to face Eagles for first time
Out with a turf toe injury, Kolb could only watch as John Skelton threw for 315 yards and three touchdowns in leading the Cardinals to a 21-17 victory.
Now the shoe is on the other foot, so to speak.
With Skelton still recovering from an ankle injury suffered in Week 1, chances are good Kolb will make his second consecutive start for the Cardinals.
And his opponent? The Philadelphia Eagles.
"It'll be a unique experience, it will be cool, looking forward to it," Kolb said of facing his former team.
Kolb spent four seasons with the Eagles after being selected in the second round of the 2007 draft. Eagles coach Andy Reid groomed the quarterback to take over for incumbent Donovan McNabb, and did so in 2010. However, a concussion suffered in Week 1 as well as other injuries limited Kolb to just seven games that season, allowing Michael Vick to revive his career and take the job for himself.
Needless to say, the 28-year-old may find a little extra motivation for this one.
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said he doesn't really buy into the theory that someone like Kolb will feel a greater need to do well Sunday just because it's his former team, but admitted this game could mean more for the QB.
"I know he wants to, but that's human nature," he said.
That could lead to Kolb being a little more amped up for this game, though he does not think that will be a problem.
"I've never done it before, so it will be unique," he said of facing a former team. "But we'll see, if that's what it takes.
"Hopefully I don't get too fired up."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br