Eagles' Reid: Cards 'D' one of best units in NFL
September 19, 2012: Behind Enemy Lines
Andy Reid is the longest-tenured head coach in the National Football League. Now in his 14th year in Philadelphia, he's got the Eagles off to a 2-0 start for the first time since 2004.
Reid spoke to those of us in the local media on a conference call earlier Wednesday:
on Kevin Kolb
I think Kevin is a heckuva quarterback. I had him here. I know what he's capable of doing. You've seen here in the last couple of games, how he's played and managed the game. I know he's got a great offensive mind in Ken (Whisenhunt) and the coaches there. He's surrounded with good people.
It's hard to move from one spot to another. You're going to go through some ups and downs. It's a new system. It takes a little bit of time. I don't care who you are. You see it throughout the league. That's just how it is. It's a tough position to play.
on Cardinals defense
You see one of the best units in the National Football League is what you see. You start going through the categories and arguably they're a top five defensive unit. It's hard to find weaknesses in them. They're a good unit.
on former UA QB Nick Foles
He was able to identify what defenses we're doing to him. The only thing I had to go off of is the preseason and preseason is fairly vanilla. But the things that were presented to him he was able to decipher and react to and normally it was a positive reaction.
on former Cardinals DB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
I think the difficult part was that he was the third of the three cornerbacks. The way he handled it was phenomenal. I mean his attitude was incredible. Listen, my hat's off to that kid just for that alone. Now given the opportunity to play he's done a nice job playing as a starter. We asked him to play as a nickel last year and that was all new for him. He attacked it the best he could attack it and learn it. He ended up having a good year. He wasn't a starting corner.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.