Andy Reid has nothing but praise for former player
Kolb was groomed to be the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback of the future after they took him the second round of the 2007 draft. It looked like a bright future was ahead of him in Philly as he was essentially handed the keys to the franchise. But after a severe concussion and an incredible performance by Michael Vick, Kolb replaced those keys with a clipboard and spent the rest of the 2010 season on the bench.
Eventually, Kolb was given a fresh start when he was traded from the Eagles to the Cardinals for a second-round pick and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
Even though things didn't work out as planned, Eagles' head coach Andy Reid had nothing but praise for his former pupil when he spoke to Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf.
Reid went on to say that Kolb's skills as an intelligent play maker are key to the success the Cardinals are having this season.
"The thing Kevin does is he gets the ball out quick. He gets it out on time so you see their sack ratio is phenomenal," said Reid. "They don't get sacked, that's how it works. And his receivers understand that so they get themselves open quickly and on time, which is good for the offensive line. I know they appreciate that."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.