Arizona Cardinals QB John Skelton returns to practice
The Arizona Cardinals quarterback, out since suffering a sprained ankle in the fourth quarter of a Week 1 win over the Seattle Seahawks, is working his way towards a return.
"He did some stuff at practice today," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "It was good to see him working."
Skelton is listed on the injury report as having been "limited" Thursday, so whether or not he'll be ready to play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles remains to be seen.
Should Skelton be able to play Sunday, Whisenhunt will have an interesting decision on his hands. Does he start Kevin Kolb, who led the Cardinals to a win last Sunday in New England, or does he go back to his Week 1 starter.
The coach doesn't have to make that call -- yet.
"We have to see if he's able to handle a practice before we can make any kind of decision like that," Whisenhunt said. "This is the first step in it and we'll see how it progresses [Friday]."
Skelton completed 14-of-28 passes for 149 yards and one interception in his only action of the 2012 regular season.
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br