Eagles offense will challenge Cardinals
They must stop the Philadelphia Eagles offense.
The Eagles currently lead the NFL in total offense with 471 yards per game, 331.5 of which are passing yards, also a league best mark.
Team speed is what makes the Eagles offense so tough.
"From the quarterback, to the running back, to the wide receiver," defensive coordinator Ray Horton said. "(Brent) Celek I think is the third-leading receiver yardage wise in the NFL, so they have team speed."
Horton seemed confident entering Sunday's game and called this week "by far our best week of practice since I have been here."
"Coach Ray challenges us each week to be better than we were last week," defensive tackle Dan Williams said. "He always comes up with a different challenge and it's up to us to see if we are going to answer the bell."
Williams called the game a "huge challenge for the Arizona Cardinals."
"They have a big play offense," Williams said. "They are the number one offense in the NFL right now for a reason.
"They got a great back in (LeSean) McCoy, he cuts on a dime and makes a lot of people miss. We got to make sure we tackle real well."
Aside from stopping the speedy back, Williams and company know they must slow down the Eagles' playmaking quarterback, Michael Vick, if they want to win.
"He is instant offense, Williams said. "We got to try our best to stay in our pass lanes and hopefully try to make him throw it.
"It he starts running and throwing, it's going to be a long day at the office."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.