Is Patrick Peterson the best corner? He's getting there
After a rookie season that saw the former LSU star reach the Pro Bowl based on his punt return prowess, it appears the 22-year-old is well on his way to making the team quite happy.
Through three games Peterson has just six tackles and one interception, but as ProFootballFocus.com points out, his pedestrian statistics are not due to a lack of quality play. In fact, it may be because of how well he's played.
Patrick Peterson stat: Has given up just 0.38 yards per snap in coverage, the lowest # of any CB with 100 coverage snaps— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) September 25, 2012
The Cardinals have asked Peterson to cover the opponent's best receiver, and so far he has not disappointed. And while the stats he himself is racking up may not show it, the lack of production from those he's covering definitely does.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.