Kevin Kolb's newborn comes just in time
After announcing that he would miss the upcoming game to be with his wife if she was in labor, quarterback Kevin Kolb's wife, Whitney, has given birth to a baby girl with three days to spare.
Saylor Kolb, weighing in at in at eight pounds, eleven ounces and measuring 20 ½ inches, Kolb described his newborn as "another power forward for the Kolb family."
Kolb said he left to be with his wife right after practice.
He explained that he was a little tired and didn't even notice when the doctors said they were ready to roll. Instead he was just sitting there until his wife asked him: "baby, are you going to get up for this one?"
Kolb described him and Whitney as "seasoned vets" as they welcome their third child.
"It was quick and easy," Kolb joked. "For me anyways."
Saylor could not have been born at a better time from a football perspective.
The Cardinals are preparing to take on the Miami Dolphins on Sunday and face the St. Louis Rams on Thursday. Kolb said he only missed a 30-minute meeting to be with his wife and newborn.
"I got some sleep last night, plenty of time to rest up before the game," Kolb said. "It was perfect timing. I am very pleased."
Thankfully, the Cardinals should not have to worry about Kolb being in this situation ever again.
"I think we are through after this one," Kolb said. "Especially with all the media hype."
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.