Cardinals are finally Pittsburgh-West -- maybe even better?
He also has a son, Chris, who plays defensive end for the St. Louis Rams. You know, the same Rams who the Cardinals are facing Thursday night.
As a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, Long was asked about his thoughts on the Cardinals, who have started the season with a surprising 4-0 record.
"I've been saying this for about two, three years, obviously with a son in the division," Long said. "Please God, don't let them get a quarterback.
"They get a quarterback, it's a problem."
Long admits the verdict is still out on Kevin Kolb as a true NFL starter, but the real reason the Cards are winning games is because of their defense.
The Cardinals are third in the NFL in points allowed, giving up an average of 15.3 per game. They're also tied for second in the league with 14 sacks.
Those numbers are not unlike what one would traditionally find in Pittsburgh, which is the team Arizona has been trying to emulate since hiring Ken Whisenhunt in 2007.
"Arizona looks to me more like a young Pittsburgh," Long said. "Probably more athletic up front. I know they're more athletic up front."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.