Bird Bits: Undefeated season sacked in St. Louis
You can look at this game for a while and struggle to find anything good.
That said, the defense did allow just 242 total yards, and allowed Rams QB Sam Bradford to complete just 7-of-21 passes on the night.
Offensively, if one is really searching for something you could point to Larry Fitzgerald's line of eight catches for 92 yards or maybe Robert Housler, who caught three passes for 45 yards.
How much time do you have?
Kevin Kolb missed some open receivers throughout the night, missing on throws that likely would have led to touchdowns.
It also didn't help that Kolb was sacked nine times on the night, the Cardinals gained just 45 yards on 17 carries, and both Ryan Williams and William Powell left the game due to injury.
Oh, and Jay Feely missed his first field goal of the year, a 40-yard attempt in the second quarter.
• The Rams are above .500 for the first time since 2006.
• According to Sports Illustrated, Kolb is the second Arizona Cardinals QB to be sacked a total of 16 times in back-to-back weeks, tying the mark set by Jake Plummer in 1997.
• The Cardinals' three points on the night are their lowest total since scoring just three points in a 13-3 loss to the New York Jets in November of 2004.
He said it:
"Disappointed that we didn't make plays in the first half that could have changed that game," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said when asked what comes to mind when he thinks of this game. "We gave up two big plays defensively, which is tough, but offensively we had opportunities. We had a lot of dropped balls. Missed throws, dropped balls, didn't protect well, didn't run it well."
Coming Up Next:
The Cardinals get 10 days to prepare for the Buffalo Bills, who will come to University of Phoenix Stadium following a road tilt with the San Francisco 49ers.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.