Cardinals' Daryl Washington a rising star
But in spite of the poor offensive line play, non-existent run game and quarterback Kevin Kolb's inability to take advantage of offensive opportunities during the first half against the Rams, there was one standout in the team's first loss of 2012 -- linebacker Daryl Washington.
Washington, who recorded his team-leading fourth sack of the season against Sam Bradford and Co., has often been overshadowed by household names like Darnell Dockett, Adrian Wilson and Calais Campbell.
Well, not anymore.
According to ProFootballFocus, not only did the third-year pro from TCU account for half of Arizona's total pressures (6) against Bradford, but his statistical run defense grade for the season is right on par with the elite middle linebackers in the NFL.
In addition to leading the team in sacks, the former second round pick also leads the way with 39 total tackles.
Cardinal fans won't have to worry about Washington fleeing for other pastures any time soon. The heart of the Arizona defense is under team control until 2017, after signing a six-year extension in September.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.