Kurt Warner thinks Cardinals need experience
So, before fans go and look at Cardinals offensive line coach Russ Grimm as the responsible party for the team's blocking woes, Warner wants people to realize he just doesn't have much to work with at the moment.
"You have to look at the big picture," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "Take Fitz out of the mix, and you look at the skill positions starting for this team offensively, and their average number of starts is 12 starts."
Warner added that the Cardinals offensive tackles -- D'Anthony Batiste and Bobby Massie -- have combined to start 14 NFL games, further showing how little experience the offensive side of the ball features.
"It's tough to get guys to come into this league and excel having not seen very much, having not been in crazy environments like last Thursday in St. Louis on the big stage," he said.
Arizona is averaging just 18.8 points per game and picking up 273.2 yards per contest. The quarterbacks have been sacked a league-high 23 times, and the Cardinals have the third-lowest rushing total in the NFL, ahead of only Dallas and Oakland, each of whom were off this week.
"Let's slow down and look at the pieces there, and then we have to make assessments from there," he said. "A lot of young guys on this offensive football team and on that offensive line -- especially at those two key positions with the tackles.
"So let's just give them a little bit of time to kind of grow into the position and learn the position from Russ, then we can assess that down the road."
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br