Updated Oct 11, 2012 - 12:05 pm
ESPN analyst: If Cardinals add a RB they should do so via trade
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski is one of those people, though he believes if the Cardinals are going to bring someone in it should be via a trade.
"Going out and getting a street free agent is always difficult," he told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "If it was me, I'll put a GM's hat on, I'd say we've got to get someone that's been practicing, someone that's been playing, someone that's football ready."
Jaworski said it takes players time to get into football shape, and since the Cardinals need a running back now, they really can't afford to wait for a player who may not be ready to contribute right away.
"I would prefer to get someone that is active right now if a deal can be made for the right fit."
Who that could be remains to be seen, though Tennessee's Chris Johnson has been brought up as a possibility. Still, unlike other professional sports leagues, trades don't often happen in the NFL -- especially with high-profile players.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up