Updated Oct 11, 2012 - 12:05 pm
ESPN analyst: If Cardinals add a RB they should do so via trade
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski is one of those people, though he believes if the Cardinals are going to bring someone in it should be via a trade.
"Going out and getting a street free agent is always difficult," he told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "If it was me, I'll put a GM's hat on, I'd say we've got to get someone that's been practicing, someone that's been playing, someone that's football ready."
Jaworski said it takes players time to get into football shape, and since the Cardinals need a running back now, they really can't afford to wait for a player who may not be ready to contribute right away.
"I would prefer to get someone that is active right now if a deal can be made for the right fit."
Who that could be remains to be seen, though Tennessee's Chris Johnson has been brought up as a possibility. Still, unlike other professional sports leagues, trades don't often happen in the NFL -- especially with high-profile players.
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.