Updated Oct 11, 2012 - 12:05 pm
ESPN analyst: If Cardinals add a RB they should do so via trade
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski is one of those people, though he believes if the Cardinals are going to bring someone in it should be via a trade.
"Going out and getting a street free agent is always difficult," he told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "If it was me, I'll put a GM's hat on, I'd say we've got to get someone that's been practicing, someone that's been playing, someone that's football ready."
Jaworski said it takes players time to get into football shape, and since the Cardinals need a running back now, they really can't afford to wait for a player who may not be ready to contribute right away.
"I would prefer to get someone that is active right now if a deal can be made for the right fit."
Who that could be remains to be seen, though Tennessee's Chris Johnson has been brought up as a possibility. Still, unlike other professional sports leagues, trades don't often happen in the NFL -- especially with high-profile players.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!