Updated Oct 11, 2012 - 12:05 pm
ESPN analyst: If Cardinals add a RB they should do so via trade
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski is one of those people, though he believes if the Cardinals are going to bring someone in it should be via a trade.
"Going out and getting a street free agent is always difficult," he told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "If it was me, I'll put a GM's hat on, I'd say we've got to get someone that's been practicing, someone that's been playing, someone that's football ready."
Jaworski said it takes players time to get into football shape, and since the Cardinals need a running back now, they really can't afford to wait for a player who may not be ready to contribute right away.
"I would prefer to get someone that is active right now if a deal can be made for the right fit."
Who that could be remains to be seen, though Tennessee's Chris Johnson has been brought up as a possibility. Still, unlike other professional sports leagues, trades don't often happen in the NFL -- especially with high-profile players.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b