Updated Oct 11, 2012 - 12:05 pm
ESPN analyst: If Cardinals add a RB they should do so via trade
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski is one of those people, though he believes if the Cardinals are going to bring someone in it should be via a trade.
"Going out and getting a street free agent is always difficult," he told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "If it was me, I'll put a GM's hat on, I'd say we've got to get someone that's been practicing, someone that's been playing, someone that's football ready."
Jaworski said it takes players time to get into football shape, and since the Cardinals need a running back now, they really can't afford to wait for a player who may not be ready to contribute right away.
"I would prefer to get someone that is active right now if a deal can be made for the right fit."
Who that could be remains to be seen, though Tennessee's Chris Johnson has been brought up as a possibility. Still, unlike other professional sports leagues, trades don't often happen in the NFL -- especially with high-profile players.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!